Tuesday, June 16

Contract

I gave the "Gang of Five" a choice-go home or sign a contract. No much of a choice, but it killed any whining about being too punitive.
I really wanted to just pinch the sucker bites on their necks. Four of them signed the contract immediately, number five signed after thinking and some discussion. That student just wanted to give up and go home.
This is the Gang of Five's contract.
1-I understand my actions of 'sexually inappropriate behavior' on Friday 6/12 may cause my early return from the bus trip.
2-If I am permitted to remain on this tour, I understand I am subject to stringent rules. (for the rest of the trip.)
1-No shopping time at Las Vegas Outlet Mall.
2-Segregated bus seating. (Up front away from kids.)
3-No swimsuits or being nears swimming pools.
4-Cell phones 10 minutes per day to contact family or Rotary.
5-10:00pm curfew (no guests in your rooms at any time.)
6-No limo ride in Vegas.
7-No sexually inappropriate behavior. (keep your hands to yourself.)
They have been adhering to their contract quite well. We're in the desert, and they're dying not being able to go into the pool with the others. They have the opportunity to work their way off restriction, but I don't see giving in on the swimming part.
We went over the contract at the Outlet Mall. I do know how to be cruel. We were sitting outside a Forever 21 store, the girls were miserable. The other students returned with bags of bargains. The other kids have been teasing them about swimming. These kids text like crazy, and to only have their phones for a few minutes hurts.
I want them to be an example to the others.

I let them go on the limo ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment