Tuesday, June 9

Day 3, San Francisco

All good now. Kids are tired and well-fed.
We started the day by touring Alcatraz. Some of the students were off the island in an hour. They had 6 hours to shop, and didn't want to waste any more time on edumacation. Another student had to practically be dragged off 2.5 hours later. She read every caption, listened to the entire tour.
We had a birthday today, another tomorrow, and the final one Thursday.
After Alcatraz, the kids had free time to shop. Some of them should be broke by now. Five and six bags, even from boys.
I returned about 1:30pm to SF, while Roomie went to Costco for bus supplies. I was just about to place an order for tea when my phone rang. "One of the students had an emergency, please come quickly." I walked as fast as possible where I just came from-about 3-4 blocks away. (from the sea lions on pier 39 to the Boudin bakery.) One of the boys felt ill, sat, and passed out. I took him to the ER, and he's fine. It was a vassal vagal reaction. One of the girls told me it happened to her several times, as recently as a few weeks ago. Greatttttt.
Roomie and I finally met up about 5:00, then met the kids at 6:00 and went to dinner. Everyone was on time, and now I am multi-tasking by having 2 computers running while doing laundry.
The girls who were annoying at the beginning were good today. I only yipped seriously at one girl who must jump like a cheerleader for photos. She wants the photo taken while she's in mid-air, so it takes several shots. She was doing it on the middle of the lane in the middle of the road leading to the prison. She actually made faces and mumbled enough that people looked at her, and I told her to 'knock it off.' She said she's done that pose all over the world. All that means is no one else ever told her to grow up and behave in public.

No comments:

Post a Comment