Sunday, June 7

Day 1, San Francisco Orientation

We made it, hurray! One of the last things I saw on Facebook Friday night was a student's update of "I'm going to Las Angeles tomorrow." Oh my. Las Angeles isn't on our itinerary. She arrived on time. Whew.
Our first flight to Charlotte was late, and we only had 35 minutes to get from one end of the airport to the other. The kids basically had a choice-bathroom break or food. I managed to do both, so shared my sandwich on the flight as did the rest of them. We were the last people on the completely full flight. The kids were super well behaved on the flight. I was very impressed.
We picked up 3 more students at the San Francisco airport, and by 6:00pm everyone was present.
So many of the students arrived before 3:00 this year, and walked to Wendy's for lunch, so we thought that Wendy's for dinner was just too much. We called for pizza and salad delivery. 9 16' pizzas were not enough, but the pizza was very good. Kids wiped it out, and made a big dent in the 2 catering trays of salad. (This is a 'remember for next year.')
Roomie, the two new chaperones, and I were tired, so the kids were tired. We told them curfew was at 10:00pm, and not one student argued. They were honestly tired.
I don't have time to write more now. I'm not on my computer. I miss my new baby Dell. Doug, please Fedx it to me when they send it back from repair. (It's 5 months old, and died last week. "Operating System not found." wasn't what I wanted to hear a week before leaving.)

No comments:

Post a Comment