Tuesday, June 9

Day 4, Morro Bay & Santa Barbara

Roomie said 'fuck' today. If you knew her, you'd write it as your first sentence, too. Imagine a younger Martha Stewart-a cool, collected, executive perfectionist. I giggled and giggled. I have no manners. I also yapped on and on because she did the grocery run today, and bought healthy picnic food. No potato chips for me, no ketchup for the kids. She never heard of putting ketchup on a cold cuts sandwich. Ah well, I don't like raw pea pods. We're even.
We left San Francisco early this morning for 4.5 hours of driving. We stopped at Morro Bay for lunch and kayaking. Everyone kayaking except Roomie and me.
I barely have time to type this nightly, I'm brain dead, and not editing. I'm not even reading it. Excuse duplicates. We walked across the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco. It was cool. ADD there.
We drove another 3 hours to Santa Barbara, and everyone has free time tonight to explore. The kids each received $7.00 dinner money and a map.
Me, for the first half of today's ride: sit. sit down. SIT SIT!!! SITDOWN!! SIDDOWN NOW!! Sit means your ass is on the seat! (not too proud of that one, but it was the last reminder for the entire day.)
Only 3 kids brought movies. Sex and the City, The OC, 3rd season, and The Office. Roomie brought movies. The kids enjoyed Finding Nemo. Roomie and the other chaperones enjoyed Waitress.
Oooooh. Roomie told a story about an Ayurveda massage in India. It was a little bit TMI and girly, so it was a good story. About halfway through, one of the girls said "Vicki, the microphone is still on."
That's my day. Hollywood tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment