Friday, June 12

Day 6 Huntingon Beach

Surf City USA. We left at 10:00am this morning for Huntington Beach. It's about 25 minutes away. The weather was cloudy and cool in the morning, but the sun peeked out and it warmed up to low 70's.

Roomie and I ate at an open air 2nd floor Mexican bar/restaurant overlooking the beach. The salsa and guacamole were great. We walked down to the beach to watch the kids. They bought a volleyball, soccer ball, and football to play with. Others were tanning near the water, not too many of them stayed in the water very long. Others just shopped their day away. Boys, too. At least 3 of the guys bought shoes today.

We returned to the hotel about 2:00pm, and turned them loose on Disney. We gave out all the tickets, and told them to return for 11:00pm curfew. I backed it up a half hour because we had escapees from at least one room last night. "I just wanted to buy a bottle of water." KEEP THE DOOR CLOSED doesn't mean me. I am a special snowflake who doesn't understand 'no.' I want them to police themselves.

Little personality conflicts here and there. Lee feels back in high school looking in to the mean girls clique. Roomie and a student clash. I just yap at everyone. Two of the girls were punished by a 10:00pm curfew for leaving their towels on the beach. They had an opportunity to be 'ungrounded' by coming to my room to apologize for their attitudes. Two of the other girls interceded on their behalf. I'm more concerned about their attitudes than the towels. They didn't come down. At that point, it was their decision to stay in their room.

Two more girls had an hour penalty as well. They violated the 'stay together in groups of 3 or more.' rule. I asked where their third was at, they pointed uptown, away from the beach. "At the next store across the street?' no, the beach. I was confused. The beach was 180 degrees from where they pointed. This is why we want 3 students together-no common sense. That, and they're less likely to have a threesome than to pair off. Although I did find 2 girls showering together. (I was mostly jealous they're thin enough to comfortably fit two bodies into a hotel shower.)

No comments:

Post a Comment